Friday, 2024-03-29
FuSa Project
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » FuSa Forum » GENERAL QUESTIONS » This is something different, but i still need help (Subtitle option in 4.01 m33-2)
This is something different, but i still need help
keeponjamminDate: Sunday, 2008-08-24, 4:58 PM | Message # 1
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
Group: Betatesters
So, i just found out that inside the video menu on your psp, there is an new icon which says subtitle options, does anyone know where is have to put the subtitles and which kind of file it has to be? +rep if you help me biggrin

www.illusionless.nl

RathlarDate: Sunday, 2008-08-24, 11:10 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
Unfortunately as far as I know, subtitle options are only available for UMD movies. As of right now, external subs aren't supported.

You'd basically have to convert the video with subs which would then embed the subs on the video itself instead of being separate like an mkv file which can contain the video, audio and subtitles all separately.

Most (decent)video players will also play subs if an external subtitle file is in the same directory with the same name as the video. Unfortunately, I've tried this with the psp and the subs wouldn't show no matter what format subtitles I used.

keeponjamminDate: Monday, 2008-08-25, 2:53 PM | Message # 3
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
yes i know that, but there still is an new icon on 4.01 m33-2! i want to know if i'm able to use it take a look at this picture: it's not good Q but you're still able to see what i mean:
Attachments: 3702052.jpg (25.1 Kb)

www.illusionless.nl

RathlarDate: Monday, 2008-08-25, 3:26 PM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Users
I know the icon you're talking about but sadly it's only for UMD video... it's grayed out for all other video even if you have subs on there. It's even documented on the official sony site. Though the documentation is a bit strange...

The description for that icon is:
"Switches available angles for UMD™ VIDEO that include subtitles."

Not sure what angles have to do with subtitles... But it doesnt look like an option to load them.

Message edited by Rathlar - Monday, 2008-08-25, 3:27 PM

keeponjamminDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 6:56 PM | Message # 5
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
wierd stuff dude sony hates us sad

www.illusionless.nl

Forum » FuSa Forum » GENERAL QUESTIONS » This is something different, but i still need help (Subtitle option in 4.01 m33-2)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz