Friday, 2024-04-19
FuSa Project
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » FuSa Forum » SUGGESTIONS » FuSa GamePad (Your best suggestions will be implemented in next versions!)
FuSa GamePad
puffelDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-30, 11:58 PM | Message # 16
Private
Group: Users
Hello Andyman,
I like your FuSa gamepad Homebrew...you made a really goog job with it,respect for that... smile
On the PC it works very well as a 12 button gamepad,but on the PS3 there are some issues with it.I hope you can make it working like a DS3 controller on the PS3.

Here are the problems:

1. There are some buttons which are swapped/mapped wrong when using FuSa on the PS3...so I testet all the PSP-buttons on the PS3 and here are my findings:

PSP button - PS3 function

Cross = Square
Circle = Cross
Square = Circle

Select = not working
Start = not working
Home = Select
VolDown(-) = Start
VolUp(+) = L3
Screen-button = R3

...these things can be changed in the config.txt so this is not a big problem,but I hope you can change this in the next version.

For now I changed the following button-assignments in the original config.txt:

[CONFIG]
AxiSwitcher=NOTE
DigitalSwitcher=WLAN
DeadZone=50
POV_RX=RIGHT
POV_LX=LEFT
POV_UY=UP
POV_DY=DOWN
Button1=CROSS > (Button1=Square on PS3)
Button2=CIRCLE > (Button2=Cross on PS3)
Button3=SQUARE > (Button3=Circle on PS3)
Button4=TRIANGLE
Button5=LTRIGGER
Button6=RTRIGGER
Button7=SELECT > (not working on PS3)
Button8=START > (not working on PS3)
Button9=HOME > (Button9=Select on PS3)
Button10=VOLDOWN > (Button10=Start on PS3)
Button11=VOLUP > (Button11=L3 on PS3)
Button12=SCREEN > (Button12=R3 on PS3)

So I changed the config.txt to this:

[CONFIG]
AxiSwitcher=NOTE
DigitalSwitcher=WLAN
DeadZone=50
POV_RX=RIGHT
POV_LX=LEFT
POV_UY=UP
POV_DY=DOWN
Button1=SQUARE
Button2=CROSS
Button3=CIRCLE

Button4=TRIANGLE
Button5=LTRIGGER
Button6=RTRIGGER
Button7=SCREEN > (not working on PS3/PC)
Button8=HOME > (not working on PS3)
Button9=SELECT
Button10=START

Button11=VOLDOWN > (=L3 on PS3)
Button12=VOLUP > (=R3 on PS3)

...for now that is the best solution for the PS3 I think...for others who want to use my config.txt...the "> (....)" are only comments,so don't copy that in your config.txt...

2. The function of the PS-button from the DS3 is not working on the PSP...can you assign that to the Home button on the PSP?

3. The button-assignments from Button7/8 (config.txt) are generally not working on the PS3,but on the PC they do...
In my modded config.txt there is for example Button8=HOME...in this case the button is not working on the PS3,but it would be nice if that works and if it has the function of the PS-button from the DS3.

4. The Screen-button from the PSP only works when assigned to Button12...
When assigned for example to Button7 like in my modded config.txt,then the button don't work on PS3 (see 3.) and also don't work on the PC...I don't know why...maybe there is a bug with the Screen-button?

5. There are no buttons for use as L2 and R2...can you introduce these buttons for use with the PS3?

6. When using Note+analog nub (for the right analog stick) there are up/down and left/right swapped...this is really bad when playing a game,I hope you can switch the axis for a correct use of the right analog stick.

So with my modded config.txt the FuSa Gamepad is mostly usable on the PS3,but the function of the PS-button and L2/R2 are still missing and the directions for the right analog stick are swapped...these problems must be solved in a next version.
I hope you can optimize the FuSa gamepad for the PS3,that there are all buttons from a DS3 controller available on the PSP and that the assignments on the PS3 are all correct without editing the config.txt...so that the bottons on the PSP are the same as on the DS3 controller...

X=X, O=O, Square=Square, Select=Select, Start=Start, Home=PS-button...and so on

And for example the L2/R2 buttons can be mapped on the VolDown(-)/VolUp(+) buttons on the PSP and the L3/R3 buttons could be mapped on the Screen-button + (-)/(+)...that would be nice.

I hope you can add these things in the next version of FuSa gamepad.
greetz puffel smile

Message edited by puffel - Thursday, 2010-07-01, 6:27 AM

DarkiDate: Friday, 2012-01-20, 5:48 PM | Message # 17
Private
Hum, I've been using the PSP as my gamepad thanks to this wonderful HB, specially to use with my PS2 emulator, but as it has been said, it lacks a couple buttons that would be awesome.

I've seen that some games, like Kingdom hearts: Birth by Sleep uses button combinations to add some functions. For example, in KH1, you lock-on with R1, open the spell list holding L1, and move the camera with L2/R2. In the PSP version, however, you move the camera woith L and R, lock on pressing both buttons at the same time, and use a spell by holding those two buttons together.

So, my suggestions would be:

- Double button support: With this you'd be able to map an extra output by pressing two at the same time. For example one combination would be L+R, another could be square + cross, triangle + circle, L or R + any of the other 4... I don't think it's too alien for this since in many fighting games for example you always have the "kick+punch + down left combo" for Hadouken. xD

- Hold button support: Another way to add extra output for the PSP would be to make the PSP able to assign different functions when you hold buttons, instead of just tapping them. In many games some buttons are never intended to be held, in the example I used, Kingdom hearts, you don't "chargue" energy or make hits stronger even if you keep the button pressed, you just need to smash the button constantly for fast combos.

Using this, it could be possible to add all four PS2 "triggers" into the PSP. You could map L1 and R1 to just pressing the buttons, and L2 and R2 to holding them, or like in Kingdom Hearts, map L1/R1 to normal press, L2 for double press, and R2 for double hold.

Would something like this be a good idea? I would surely love it.

DainoManthisDate: Sunday, 2013-05-12, 4:51 AM | Message # 18
Private
I'm trying from about one month to make psp works as joypad in a tablet.
Fusa v0.3 doesn't works, it gives flashing bytes while configuring the inputs.. the same on v0.2
V0.1 works.. but it responds slowly to the commands (And I tryed it in pc too.. and took the same problem)
I saw the problem is not in the eboot.pbp 'cause I tryed to change the files of v0.3 and v0.1 (and the eboot.pbp of v0.3 works with the usbgamepad.prx of v0.1).. but it goes slow the same way.
So.. it would be good to have a usbgamepad.prx similar to the v0.1 one but faster as the one of v0.3.. can you help me?

Forum » FuSa Forum » SUGGESTIONS » FuSa GamePad (Your best suggestions will be implemented in next versions!)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz