Friday, 2024-03-29
FuSa Project
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » FuSa Forum » GENERAL QUESTIONS » Kinda vague, Use any cable?
Kinda vague, Use any cable?
nyknightDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 1:58 AM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Fusa description says you can use any cable for any TV. But can I use component cable and plug into a composite slot and play games too?

I'm regularly gonna use a component cable to connect to my tv... but my friend only has old composite inputs. Can I use the same cable?

longhartDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 4:21 AM | Message # 2
Private
Quote (nyknight)
But can I use component cable and plug into a composite slot and play games too?

yes and no you can only use component cable on a tv that has support for component if not the result would be b/w
Quote (nyknight)
but my friend only has old composite inputs. Can I use the same cable?

yes you can but the result will be b/w

PSP 2006 on 4.01

nyknightDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 5:08 AM | Message # 3
Private
Can you plz explain why it will be in B/W?

What I'm saying is using the component cables as a composite cable.

You know with Fusa you can set to output on composite cable to standard TV? Well, what if I do that except use the component cable I already have as the yellow video cable and plug it into the yellow composite input on the TV?

Wouldn't using a component cable as a composite cable work? Why would it be BW when you're outputing standard composite video and connected to standard composite input on the TV, does something happen inside the cable? Maybe I'm still not describing clear enough... does anyone know what I'm saying.

The reason why I'm asking is to know if I would need to buy multiple cables (component and composite cables).

Message edited by nyknight - Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 5:17 AM

Andy_maNDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 2:48 PM | Message # 4
General - lieutenant
Group: Administrators
Quote (nyknight)
Can you plz explain why it will be in B/W?

OK, how many connectors has component cable?

-Oh, I suppose, there are 5 of them

And what about composite?...

-Ouch! There are only 3!

And how do you intend to connect it to your composite slot?

-I will just use 3 connectors, lol, is it possible?

Umm let's imagine that it's possible... which connectors you would plug in in that case?

-At first I would connect WHITE and RED cables to my audio slots

OK, that's right, continue please

-Then I would connect another RED cable to my video slot

Heh, is it working now? XD

-Should I use BLUE plug?

What a nonsence XD

-What?! I give up... oh, wait! Is it GREEN?

Yup, that's it smile Try it out wink

... some minutes later ...

Oh man, what's f*ck? The picture is b/w!!!

-And what did you want? The manual clearly says "You should use appropriate cable for your TV"

OK, but why it happens?

-Cause component cable uses different signals than composite. Two wires transfer color information (BLUE and RED) and when you connect them to your TV you'll get no picture, because the signals are different! The third wire (GREEN) transfers brightness information and when you connect it to your TV you'll got only b/w picture.

-Wow! So I can use only composite cable with my TV?

Yes, if your TV has only composite slot and you wanna color picture you should use ONLY COMPOSITE CABLE

-Understood, tnx man wink

smile np

nyknightDate: Monday, 2008-08-25, 9:29 PM | Message # 5
Private
Ok, I appreciate your response, but it was really hard to follow what you're saying...

When I use a composite cable with 3 colors and connect it from PSP to standard composite input TV and let Fusa output the signals. That works, right? If so, it would be simple for Fusa to output the same signals on certain wires on a 5 wire component cable. I lack software knowledge but I'd imagine it can be done... like map the composite signals to the component wires and leave the 2 extra ones unused.

Composite Yellow Signal -> Component Blue Wire -> Composite Yellow TV input
Composite Red Signal -> Component Red (Audio wire) -> Composite Red TV input
Composite White Signal -> Component White (Audio wire) -> -> Composite White TV input
Unused cable: Component Green/Red.

It's like connecting a old standard composite DVD player to a old standard composite TV input. Yellow output to yellow input. But instead of using a "Yellow RCA" cable, you use a Blue component cable, it should work fine. The DVD player and TV doesn't know you have a component cable in between.

HMMMMMM...
OK, I reread your response and as expected you totally missed what I was saying. I'm not trying to output a COMPONENT SIGNAL to COMPOSITE input. I'm trying to output COMPOSITE SIGNAL > COMPOSITE INPUT but using COMPONENT cable.

Added (2008-08-25, 9:29 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
I did some more searching and found more useful tidbits...

In fact you CAN even use COMPOSITE cable to connect COMPONENT signal output... Though the quality may not be good since the composite cables are usually not as good quality as component cable. If that can be done, no reason why the reverse can't (using component cable to connect composite signal).

Source:
http://www.atheistnetwork.com/viewtop....f585290

Message edited by nyknight - Monday, 2008-08-25, 9:36 PM

Andy_maNDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 2:19 AM | Message # 6
General - lieutenant
Quote (nyknight)
Composite Yellow Signal -> Component Blue Wire -> Composite Yellow TV input Composite Red Signal -> Component Red (Audio wire) -> Composite Red TV input Composite White Signal -> Component White (Audio wire) -> -> Composite White TV input Unused cable: Component Green/Red.

-Nonsence! These signals aren't handled by software, it's handled by HARDWARE, so you can't change them!
What's the difference between COMPOSITE and COMPONENT psp cable?
No difference... BUT! If you opened that little box at the end of the COMPOSITE cable you'll see COMPONENT>COMPOSITE adapter!!!
Quote (nyknight)
HMMMMMM... OK, I reread your response and as expected you totally missed what I was saying. I'm not trying to output a COMPONENT SIGNAL to COMPOSITE input. I'm trying to output COMPOSITE SIGNAL > COMPOSITE INPUT but using COMPONENT cable.

No, you don't understand, I was talking about "COMPOSITE SIGNAL > COMPOSITE INPUT but using COMPONENT cable" exactly.

At any rate, I want to say that you'll not be able to play over component cable "connected to the composite input using composite signal". (I only mean that image will be b\w)
IN YOUR CASE YOU SHOULD BUY COMPONENT TO COMPOSITE ADAPTER OR BUY ORIGINAL COMPOSITE CABLE
that's all you can do to play games in color mode, cause it's HARDWARE thing! tongue

hope now you understand smile

keeponjamminDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 5:34 PM | Message # 7
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
Group: Betatesters
wow Andy_man is showing his feelings, go get them tiger :P

www.illusionless.nl

Andy_maNDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 6:17 PM | Message # 8
General - lieutenant
Quote (keeponjammin)
wow Andy_man is showing his feelings, go get them tiger :P

Heh... I'm just tired of this question... author of this thread doesn't understand that the game isn’t worth the candle.

keeponjamminDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 6:55 PM | Message # 9
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
Group: Betatesters
Believe me, happens to me all the time when i'm trying to help someone while he or she doesn't even understand his own question biggrin (no offense nyknight)

www.illusionless.nl

nyknightDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-26, 11:10 PM | Message # 10
Private
Hi guys... I must have Fusa all wrong then. I incorrectly thought that you can set Fusa to output signal either as composite or as component. I thought that the cable is just a wire and does no conversion. Like it said, it's kinda vague that the Fusa front page says Use any cable on any TV.

I guess the missing information I was looking for was when you said that the composite cable actually has a COMPONENT->COMPOSITE adapter built in. I didn't know that and thought the psp can output both.

RathlarDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-27, 10:55 AM | Message # 11
Private
Its true, you can use any cable on any TV... but your TV actually needs to have the correct input. Its pretty much the same as getting a D-terminal cable and wondering why it won't work on your standard definition TV. Reason it won't work? No D-terminal input on standard TVs.

I can understand where people might get confused over composite vs component cables though. The names are very similar and unless you know what they mean, its easy to mix them up.

Forum » FuSa Forum » GENERAL QUESTIONS » Kinda vague, Use any cable?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz