• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Andy_maN  
Forum » FuSa Forum » GENERAL DISCUSSION » OFW 5.00
OFW 5.00
RathlarDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-15, 1:01 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
just noticed about 5.00 coming out and being able to output in interlace mode and true fullscreen.

Of course this doesnt help people with CFW... Though it'll be interesting to see how it performs.

Though I'm curious as to where FUSA will go from here... assuming that once the CFW comes out, it'll be able to run everything in true fullscreen in both interlace and progressive formats as advertised.

oh and FYI, OFW 5.00 is already out on the jap site...

Message edited by Rathlar - Wednesday, 2008-10-15, 1:02 PM

keeponjamminDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-15, 2:44 PM | Message # 2
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
Group: Betatesters
That is great news. I think sony could not have it anymore that the cfw scene was way better biggrin But still, i could be that ps1 games aren't supported, or homebrew... I hope that dark alex will work on it very soon biggrin
xx Keeponjammin

And FYI, these are the features i found for the psp fw 5.0
PSP Firmware 5.00:

Direct PSN access. Yep, the PSP finally gets its native PlayStation Store. With FW 5.00 you can access Sony's online network directly from your PSP via Wi-Fi - you can register a PSN account (if you haven't yet - SHAME!) or manage your profile and settings. This also means direct download of games, media, and content from the store - no need for the PC Store anymore! Just a note, the same wallet and account can be used interchangeably for the PSP and PS3; there's no need to create a new account for the PSP Store. Just so you don't get surprised, the PC Store will be under maintenance while they get the PSP Store online.

Sleep timer option. Some of you have probably seen this many times before as a feature in some of the more ubiquitous music player homebrew projects in the community, but now, Sony's building it into the system already: the feature allows you to play music and set a sleep timer.

Full screen keyboard option for text input. Self explanatory.

Redesigned XMB background. 'Nuf said. (Wonder what it looks like though - they didn't show any screenshots...)

www.illusionless.nl

Message edited by keeponjammin - Wednesday, 2008-10-15, 6:17 PM

daDaniDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-15, 7:51 PM | Message # 3
Lieutenant colonel
as far as i know you are only able to play playstation one games on fullscreen on interlaced mode arent you?
would be great if it would work on umd,too
sorry if i understood something wrong cry

ohh man i want a better browser with flash 9 and so on and not a sleep timer option angry

Don´t drink and drive, take drugs and fly

keeponjamminDate: Wednesday, 2008-10-15, 11:15 PM | Message # 4
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
It's over guys cry

The feature for outputting video from PlayStation® format software to a TV has been improved (PSP-2000 only)

You can now output video from PlayStation format software to a TV in full-screen size.
You can now use video output cables that do not support video in progressive mode to output video from PlayStation format software to a TV.

I'm afraid i can't try it, i don't have any UMD games, only movies... Can someone try it out plz?
If you need help with backup up your whole psp software, (everything!!!) than just PM me biggrin

www.illusionless.nl

NathaniasDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 7:32 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant colonel
It's only for PS1, FuSa can still try to do PSP software itself

ugh

RathlarDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 8:57 AM | Message # 6
Private
i havent seen anything that says its ONLY for ps1 nor has anyone confirmed this... the direct quote from the changelog says:

"PlayStation format software can now be output in full-screen size on a connected device."
"PlayStation format software can now be output in interlace format on a connected device."

IMO PSP games are still considered "Playstation software" seeing as PSP is "Playstation Portable"

So if that IS the case, then it means ps1, psp, homebrew, ect will all work in fullscreen in both progressive and interlace.

Though I would like to see conformation that PSP games do indeed run in true fullscreen. My buddy installed it but he doesnt have a cable for it. To me it sounds dumb to ONLY give fullscreen to ps1 and not games for the system itself which is why I think it might do both.... but this IS sony we're talking about so who knows.

I'd install it too but i dont want to have to change to OFW and then have to put CFW back on it.

If anyone reads any news about the fullscreen thing, please share.

keeponjamminDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 10:37 AM | Message # 7
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
Quote (Rathlar)
I'd install it too but i dont want to have to change to OFW and then have to put CFW back on it.

Install DC 6 and create a nand backup biggrin
Then install FW 5.00 (keep a pandora battery)
And try it, after that, just put the nand backup back biggrin
Easy right, i could do it, but i do not have any UMD games, only movies like i said biggrin

www.illusionless.nl

RathlarDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 4:18 PM | Message # 8
Private
no pandora battery... i'd have to borrow a friend's... part of the reason i didnt want to go through the trouble.

keeponjamminDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 4:49 PM | Message # 9
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
you can create a pandora battery with a slim one biggrin believe me it works! i'm doing it all the time, as long as you backup the EEPROM it's all fine, try using PAN 3.XX by hellcat.. I think it was hellcat, not sure. After that start up your psp with the Adapter in it and keep your battery pandora, after that try and tell us about it, then put your mms and pandora battery (slim) inside your psp and restory your NAND backup biggrin

www.illusionless.nl

Andy_maNDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 9:45 PM | Message # 10
General - lieutenant
Group: Administrators
So has somebody tested it? :)

daDaniDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 10:06 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
Sorry would like to test it. But i do not have a pandorra battery, too.Same thing like Rathlar..
and as far as i know you can only turn some older slim batteries into pandora ones, and i think i havent got the right one?
im not up to date about pandora battery

but if its the original changelog rathlar..then it looks like that you can really play every psp software on fullscreen with interlaced mode..
have never read the original one..only on some different sites, were it says that you can only play psone games

but hey keeponjammin if you would upload all necessary files then i would try it if no other ones doing it and if i have got enough time smile
but maybe theres someone who already has got a pandoras battery?

Message edited by daDani - Thursday, 2008-10-16, 10:13 PM

Andy_maNDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 10:10 PM | Message # 12
General - lieutenant
Group: Administrators
Quote (daDani)
and as far as i know you can only turn some older slim batteries into pandora ones

No, batteries are the same, but new psp's motherboards have no access to write to the area of battery's EEPROM which contains s/n

daDaniDate: Thursday, 2008-10-16, 10:14 PM | Message # 13
Lieutenant colonel
oh ok..but the result is the same isnt it? biggrin

RathlarDate: Friday, 2008-10-17, 1:23 AM | Message # 14
Private
either way i'm not going through the trouble of all... someone will post about it soon enough... a vid on youtube maybe... who knows. Since even if it does indeed work in fullscreen for psp games, i'd still have to go back to CFW after testing and wait til it catches up to the OFW... so, no testing this for me... its not worth the trouble unless I had a spare psp.

keeponjamminDate: Friday, 2008-10-17, 11:31 AM | Message # 15
-= Active Beta-testeR =-
Then do it for the community biggrin i'll upload some links for you guys as soon as i'm free... I'll do that tomorrow or if i have time, i'll do it in 10 hours..
(i have a test, have to buy some PC hardware, for myself and my girlfriend, have to install it, practise a song with a friend of mine, have a nice GIG, and after that i'm to tired and drunk... but i'll see about that)

www.illusionless.nl

Forum » FuSa Forum » GENERAL DISCUSSION » OFW 5.00
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024
Create a free website with uCoz